Monday, December 19, 2011

Nozzle keep running into the model



With the nice cube printed, but i can't show how good the printer can do on the carve printing, so I decided to print a sphere, I tried to print 2 spheres but both screw up halfway as the nozzle keep running into the model.



At first I thought it might because of the sphere object got some over hang area then I tried to print a 1.5cm height cylinder, turns out ok. I keep on printing a 5cm cube and it happened again.




I found the solution of this issue at the makerbot forum:
http://wiki.makerbot.com/forum/t-349353

Answer from the forum:
Chances are that you're putting down a little too much plastic. You'll probably want to either:
 - move the platform faster (feed rate)
 - put out less plastic (flow rate)

both are in the 'speed' tab in skeinforge…


some useful link:
Feedrate or flowrate

No comments:

Post a Comment